Home / Trips / Baltic Countries, July 2016 / Estonia 14
- During the Soviet era, the top floor of this hotel was off-limits...
This was the official 'Intourist' (Soviet travel agency) hotel for visiting foreigners.
- ...because it was a KGB listening post. The hotel rooms were all bugged
- Tallinn Port
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tallinn
- Historic Old Town, Tallinn
- Old Soviet-era military building at Paldiski, on the Baltic Sea coast
- Ämari Pilots’ Cemetery
A Soviet Air Force cemetery, with pilots' graves using aircraft tails as headstones http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/amari-pilots-cemetery
- Butterfly near 59 Degrees North, 24 Degrees East
- St. Catherine's Church, Muhu Island
- Old barn, Saaremaa Island
- Angla Windmills, Saaremaa Island
- Kaali Meteorite Crater, Saaremaa Island
Created about 7,600 years ago, when people were already living in the area http://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/03/kaali-meteorite-crater.html
- Kuressaare Castle, Saaremaa Island
- 'The Leaning House of Tartu'